Ask The Experts
Extreme caution is required when working with or around hydrofluoric acid (HF), and all personnel working where it is used or stored must be trained on how to manage potential hazards. As the industry leader in all areas of HF manufacturing and delivery, we have the technical service professionals you need to answer your medical, safety, transportation, and product usage questions. We can provide specialized product knowledge and expertise in order to help you safely use HF.
Honeywell is the leader in HF Medical, safety and handling training. From conducting emergency response simulations to choosing the right protective equipment, we have decades of knowledge in consulting our customers on all aspects of HF usage:
- Safety training and consulting
- Medical treatment seminars
- Emergency response training and planning
- Mock incident training with specialized trailers
- Dispersion modeling
- Personal protective equipment recommendations
- Occupational health, safety, and toxicology support
Benefit from our expertise in planning and improving the use, and storage of every HF grade we supply. Many years of knowledge and experience stand behind all of our handling, processing and storage consulting:
- Engineering design for storage, handling and processing systems
- Guidance on materials of construction
- Inspection and non-destructive thickness testing of storage systems
- Temporary storage equipment for turnaround and repair needs
- Operations and unloading procedure development
- Process safety
- Process troubleshooting and analytical support
- Regulatory and compliance
- Environmental control and compliance
- Risk minimization and management
The Honeywell Difference
Unlike other HF manufacturers, we don’t make our truck deliveries through common carriers. Every Honeywell HF truck delivery is made by trained Honeywell employees using Honeywell trucks. Every driver is required to complete extensive training in the safe handling and delivery of HF acid.
Railcar Delivery for Anhydrous HF (AHF)
Honeywell delivers AHF by railcar. Our railcar fleet is specifically designed to meet the needs of safe AHF transportation.
Truck Delivery for Aqueous HF and AHF
Aqueous HF and AHF is shipped out in bulk quantities via Honeywell trucks and custom-designed trailers. Our trucks and trailers are equipped with emergency shutdown devices and satellite tracking systems, which allow us to pinpoint their location at any time and maintain constant communication with our driver teams. These teams always consist of a two-person crew of Honeywell employees, regardless of the distance to a customer location.Customers can log in or sign up for access to our technical service resources, or contact us to learn more about our technical service offerings.